SSM Kit Soluble Salt Meter
The Soluble Salt Meter (SSM) is developed as a direct replacement for the Bresle patch inspection method (ISO 8502-6).
It has been validated in accordance with NACE standard SP0508-2008 and has demonstrated equivalence to ISO 8502-9 (the field method for the conductometric determination of soluble salts). The SSM is a patented design that provides a hand held, automated method for detection of soluble salts on magnetizable surfaces. It combines surface salt extraction and conductivity measurement in one tool, allowing convenient and ergonomic operation.
The hand held design provides a self-contained and easily transportable unit for soluble salt measurements.The SSM and supplied fluid dispenser allow for quick and accurate injection of deionised water, automatic extraction of surface salts and conductivity measurement. The SSM is complete with a backlit LCD display and easy to follow on screen instructions. Up to a 1000 measurements can be stored in the internal memory. This data can be downloaded to any PC and exported in Microsoft® Excel file format for use in any Coating Technical File (CTF) using the supplied software.
- Equivalent to ISO Standard 8502-9 (Field method for the conductometric determination of water-soluble salts; The Bresle method) in accordance with NACE SP0508-2008
- Water Injection Method: Automated, with simple press of fixed volume dispenser
- Dose: 3± 0.05 ml
- Measurement Process Steps: 5
- Total Process Time: 60 seconds (Measurement to Measurement)
- Measurement Range: 0-100 µS/cm
- Resolution: 1 µS/cm
- Measurement Accuracy: ± 3 µS/cm
- Surface Temperature Range: 5 - 50 °C (41 - 122 °F)
- Temperature probe accuracy: ± 0,3 °C (± 0,54 °F)